Capturing and maintaining customer attention is crucial for the success of any eCommerce website. Here are six powerful tips to help you grab and retain customer attention:
1 Optimise Website Speed
Customers expect fast and responsive websites. Slow-loading pages can drive visitors away. Optimise your website’s speed by compressing images, utilising browser caching, and minimising unnecessary scripts. Consider using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to ensure quick loading times across different geographical locations.
2 Refine your site’s search system
- Use Autocomplete feature: It is a fast & accurate search feature that helps predict customer wants, showing several potential search queries on entering a search word.
- Optimise long searches: Customers are extremely specific in what they want, and long search phrases can strain search engines. However, using an in-site search engine capable of handling it can improve customer experiences and sales. An example of a long search term is “Long blue color pajamas with socks for male size Medium”.
- Show precise results: To ensure that you have an abundant checkout in the cart, you should optimise your search effectively. For example, when consumers put “green” in the search box, they should be presented with various products in various shades of this colour that can work according to shape, size, and price.
3 Avoid forced user registrations
Forceful user registrations on an eCommerce website can result in lost revenue as some users will abandon the site while others will have difficulty registering on it.
- They may be annoyed by the difficulty of remembering usernames and passwords for each site they visit.
- Certain shoppers may not want a site to save their personal information, expecting that site registration will save that information.
- Many customers associate registration with receiving unsolicited emails flooding their inboxes.
Initially, you must deliver a smooth experience to your visitors and then invite them to register with you or allow them to checkout as guest visitors. Using such methods will help you increase e-commerce conversion rates.